Le Pays BigoudenBooking
A cultural area in southern Finistère, renowned for the traditional headdresses worn by the locals until the beginning of the 21st century.
Fishing plays a major role in the economy in the Pays Bigouden. Le Guilvinec is the largest fishing port in France.
The Pays Bigouden comprises twenty "communes" in three different cantons :
- canton of Le Guilvinec (Loctudy - Penmarc'h - Plobannalec -Lesconil...)
- canton of Pont-l'Abbé (île Tudy - Plomeur - Pont l'Abbé - Tréméoc...)
- canton of Plogastel -Saint Germain (Tréogat - Pouldreuzic - Plovan - Plogastel...)
Discover the Pays Bigouden and take part in the different festivities that are organised throughout the year, for example:
- Fête des Brodeuses (embroidery festival) in Pont-L'Abbé, capital of the pays Bigouden. Takes place the 2nd weekend in July.
- Fête de la langoustine at Lesconil harbour, a popular fete to introduce the tourists to the port's main attraction - shrimps.
Calendar of festivities and pardons >> here